New Scholar/Employee Orientation
Scholars who are new hires in Wayne State University in H-1B, H1-B1, J-1, TN, O-1, and E-3 must attend new scholar orientation.
New scholar orientation is held weekly either on Monday at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday at 2 p.m. in the OISS conference room. It is a requirement that the scholar sign up for only one New Scholar Orientation at: https://www.wsuoiss.wayne.edu/newscholarorientation
Please bring the following:
- Original immigration documents
- In cases of a J-1 Exchange Visitor: will have to purchase federally mandated health insurance for you and your J-2 dependents.
- A check for $50, to cover the initial Wayne State University SEVIS fee assessment. (Please note, we cannot accept payment via credit card, nor can we accept starter checks. We do accept cashier's checks or money orders from a U. S. bank, or traveler’s checks if they are for the exact amount.)
- A completed International Scholar Record Form
- A completed SEVIS Fee Assessment Form
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the OISS office at OISSscholars@wayne.edu or 313-577-3422.